Friday, May 19, 2006

Rothesay last evening






Carolyn and I went to Rothesay Yacht club to meet Bruce and try for a sunset picture. I managed to squeeze this setting sun picture as the fog rolled in. Taken handheld from inside the car.

We then went to visit Bruce and snapped a few pictures of his flowers. It was almost 8:30 Pm and the light was quite poor. There was a breeze which made my 1/5 second exposure time pictures a bit soft. I'll get some keeper pictures when the light is better.

When we arrived home we discovered a visitor at our bird feeders. He quickly escaped to the safety of this tree and watched us from about 25 feet up. Carolyn held the flashlight while I focused and took this picture.

3 Comments:

At May 19, 2006 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the raccoon one as long as he doesnt head our way!!

The flower shots are good. Bruce has some nice flowers in his yard..:)

 
At May 19, 2006 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the shot of the boat - nice and centered. LOL! Actually I think there is very good R.O.T. going on there. I think a nice 8x12 for 12x18 would look lovely in one of my blue rooms here. :) I have a great fog picture that would go with it. I especially love the light on the water. I know it wasn't very nice last night but the picture looks so warm and relaxing.

Mr. Raccoon is awful cute too.

 
At May 19, 2006 4:24 PM, Blogger Paul Wood said...

Hi there Mrs Rule-of-thirds:

Sometimes I guess I unconsciously use that 'rule'...Ha. I'll have to be more careful.

Hummmm. I need a new macro lens so maybe I can trade the boat picture for something... like a large Tim's coffee...

Let me look at the origonal and see if it is good enough to blow up to 12" X 18". I didn't crop it other than to 1024 X 768 for the blog so what you see is pretty well what you will get, just a bit more at the top and bottom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home