Saturday, July 08, 2006

Squirrels up close







I have a number of tame squirrels around here probably because I have been feeding them for the last couple of years. Here are a few close-up pictures I have taken. The young ones in the last four pictures are offspring of the squirrel in the first one. They are all more curious of the camera than scared of it. I bring in the bird feeders at night because the raccoons empty them if I don't. Every morning there are two or three squirrels on the deck waiting for me to put them back up and sometimes are in them as soon as I hang them up.

5 Comments:

At July 09, 2006 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the last shot! He looks like he's ready to pounce on your lens!!!

 
At July 09, 2006 6:41 PM, Blogger Paul Wood said...

Hi Mrs Rule;

Actually I think he thought he saw a rock in my pocket, but he was mistaken....

Seriously though I really like having them around. Lately I have had to chase the neighbour's cats away though. My arms are so stiff I can't even throw rocks in the water at the beach. By the way do you want a couple of cats?

 
At July 11, 2006 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul,

Thanks for your generous offer of two more felines, but as it stands right now, I seem to have about 2 too many.

Alas, my rock throwing days are behind me. Who knew I had such an arm and should have been in the major leagues. For everyone's safety, I think it is best I keep my lethal weapon holstered.

Rule

 
At July 11, 2006 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wait...I just came up with one...

The squirrel thought "Is that a rock in your pocket or are you happy to see me?"

Sorry, couldn't resist. I can hear your daughter laughing at me now. :)

Rule

 
At July 11, 2006 7:02 PM, Blogger Paul Wood said...

Hi Mrs Thirds;

I think she is saying; "when it comes to lenses size does matter but do you have to shove it in my face"?

Glad to hear you have retired your pitching arm. I bet the wildlife in your neighbourhood is rejoicing.

Paul...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home