Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Today's Pictures - Sept 13 2006






I was up and out of the house a bit late this morning. I guess it was almost 7:30 before I managed to drag myself out to take a few pictures. The sun had risen but the fog had not completely burned off.

#1 - "Morning Fog" There is a double meaning here if you think about it.

#2 - Fog in Meenan's Cove AND over the Kennebecasis River in the background.

#3 and #4 - Great Blue Heron fishing in Harding's Pond along the Hammond River Road. He does not seem to mind sharing space with other wildlife but he was very wary of me. I did not attempt to step out of my car for a better shot for fear of scaring him away.

2 Comments:

At September 13, 2006 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I may be so brazen to make fun of you today (as I know you are only recently starting to feel better)...

Morning fog! I'll say. I want to know how you got 10 days in the future?!? (See date on picture!) And I see you have no #3 but two #4's. That way no one finishes last, right? I guess we all have morning fog some days!

All teasing aside, I love the morning fog shot. Looks like a great saleable stock photo! I haven't seen blue heron's since my days back in On-tarrrr-ioooo. Very cool.

Hope you're feeling better. I'm looking forward to new shots on a regular basis again. NO MORE SNOW!!

Rule

 
At September 13, 2006 1:55 PM, Blogger Paul Wood said...

Hi Mrs Thirds.

Actually I am coming down with a nasty head cold. I never get sick so when I do everything catches up to me. I should be better in a week or so.

You Canon shooters must not know about the secret button Nikons have. It is called the 'future' button. I must have struck it by mistake this morning.

I was standing there looking for something to shoot, other than boats, when I heard the school bus coming. The darn camera decided at that time to hunt focus, probably because at times the fog was really dense. I kept the picture framed and when Mrs Nikon locked focus the shutter fired. It only took a brief moment for the camera to settle down but with a one-of-a-kind picture like that it can seem like forever.

I was eluding to both me and the students being in a fog. Guess I was right.

No more snow pictures unless they are current.

Kayli and I are now heading out to DQ for an ice cream.

Paul...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home