Sunday, October 15, 2006

More Field Trip Pictures









Here are eight more pictures from the Fundy Field Trip on Saturday.

#1 & 2 - Taken as we approached Sussex on the way to Fundy National Park.

#3 - Covered bridge near Sussex N. B.

#4 - A small brook on the Norton Shore Road. This picture was taken at ISO 1600 with no noise reduction done in post processing.

#5 - View of the Old Neck Road and Model Farm Road taken across the Kennebecasis River from the Norton Shore Road.

#6 - Meenan's Cove taken from Douglas Street, Quispamsis.

#7 - Meenan's Cove taken from Douglas Street but this time with a 1 second exposure and the zoom lens moved out during exposure.

#8 - Taken from my front yard as the sun set over Nauwigewauk. Love that orange glow.

3 Comments:

At October 16, 2006 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice shots my friend!! They have real depth to them...some of them I feel like I am standing right there!! The first shot in particular is great, Great, GREAT! Very cool shot out your front yard too. Now the zoom one - well that just plum hurts my eyes!! LOL!! But that could be because of my chronic headache. Too much time in front of the old PC editing picture.

 
At October 16, 2006 12:08 PM, Blogger Paul Wood said...

Thanks Mrs. Rule;

I felt compelled to stop and take the pictures of the hills rising out of the fog outside Sussex. It is not something one traveling there would 'see' very often. Sure there are plenty of days where it is foggy but of the hundreds of cars that passed by in the few minutes Bruce and I were there, not one so much as slowed down to take a good look. I think they were too busy trying to figure what we could possible be taking pictures of.

I believe the fog isolates the mid-ground (is that a word?) and enhances the foreground colors, the hills in the background and sky. At least that is how I saw it.

Maybe I will have to put a disclaimer on my blog stating some pictures may hurt your eyes...ha... Just you wait until I get good and artsy...

I came into the living room after supper and saw the sun in the tops of the trees across the road. I got my camera to take a picture of that and while I was looking around I noticed the sun on the hill in Nauwigewauk. I took a few pictures of but the one I posted was the one I liked best. Too bad there are so many power poles and lines around or I could have got more sky in the picture.

Paul...

 
At October 18, 2006 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love number 7...that is so cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home