Wednesday, November 15, 2006

When being tall is bad


Every time I drive past this spot I have wanted to stop and take a picture. For sure it is not because it is an award winning scene or anything like that. I see humour in this photo. I clearly understand it definitely wasn't humorous for the poor souls that became wedged under the 'load levellers'.

I recall several 'accidents' that occurred in this spot. From large tractor trailers that got their exhaust stacks stuck to a brand new Pop Shop truck that sped through here on its way back to Moncton. The chap I understand used to have a smaller truck and went under this overpass hundreds of times without incident. His new truck was a bit taller and in his haste to get to his next drop-off he forgot this most important fact. In no time at all there was a multitude of truck parts and pop bottles strewn all over the road. I bet he was late for supper that day.

The most recent event I know of was a new travel trailer that had most of its roof peeled off and became firmly wedged under the overpass. That is definitely not my idea of the best way to start a holiday trip travelling across Canada.

You know I never took the time to actually measure the height. How cruel it would be if the sign were wrong....

And no the picture is not crooked. I was very careful to stand still and keep the camera level as cars zipped past me on either side. Thankfully there were no large trucks speeding past or I would have had a few more pictures to post.

2 Comments:

At November 15, 2006 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It certainly looks like 3.2 must be the LOW side...or at least someone with a truck that is 3.19 meters tall hopes it is!!

Rule

 
At November 15, 2006 9:04 PM, Blogger Paul Wood said...

Hi Mrs Thirds;

Haven't heard from you for some time. I actually have been meaning to send you an email to see what is up. I have another squirrel picture for your mother...

Yes, that is quite the spot and the only thing that is a mystery is how high the vehicle was that bent the sign...

Paul...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home