Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Falcon



Here are a couple of snapshots of a Falcon that has been harassing the birds and squirrels in my yard the past few weeks. I had just put my 50 mm lens on and taken some pictures of the kids when Carolyn called me to say a Falcon had just barely missed a large grey squirrel in my front yard. It looks like the crows that we have been feeding saw him coming and attacked him just before he was able to hit the squirrel. I quickly changed lenses and took these two pictures before the crows chased him away. I know these pictures are not award winners but it is not every day a Falcon lands in a tree a few feet from my house.

2 Comments:

At December 15, 2006 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool shots. I haven't been on in a while. How's the PC situation?

 
At December 15, 2006 9:22 PM, Blogger Paul Wood said...

Thanks for dropping by. The PC is stable right now but it has this annoying habit of crashing and staying asleep for an hour or so at the most inconvenient times. I never shut it off and aside from the occasional reboot it has been holding up quite well the last two or three days. I know if I shut it off or put it in the sleep mode it won't recover without a lot of effort. Darn thing won't even try boot up when it gets in one of its states. New PC will be on order soon.

Paul...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home