Monday, May 21, 2007

Fall colors in the Spring.


I stopped by the bridge at Meenan’s Cove on the way home this evening to take a picture or two of the sunset. As I headed back to my car I had but a moment to grab this shot as traffic was coming, fast. It almost looks like a fall shot with the way the sun was lighting the leaf buds on the trees. The origonal has been cropped by about 20%. The image as taken was very harsh. I duplicated it, blurred the duplicate a little and adjusted the opacity just enough to tame it down, something like 10%. No noise reduction applied. ISO 400, 1/250”, F7.1.

2 Comments:

At May 21, 2007 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that magic time at night. I should just carry my camera around every where I go the hour before sunset! Great shot!

 
At May 22, 2007 10:21 AM, Blogger Paul Wood said...

Hi Rule;

As I drove from Rothesay to home all along the way I got glimpses of wonderful photo ops, that is if I were actually able to get above the trees, power lines, and buildings. The sunlight was concentrated as it broke through dark clouds highlighting terrain that otherwise blended in with everything else around it. The sky at times was angry and dark as shower squalls passed through. It is times like these I wish I had a 30 foot bucket truck so I could rise above the street level clutter and take the shot I can only envisage.

Paul...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home